Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD
Hepatologist | Hepatology1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Nigel Girgrah is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Girgrah specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine 1993
- Liver Cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD's Practice location
Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Girgrah
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. David W Victor M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121