Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2545 Chicago Ave S #104 Minneapolis MN, 55404
Dr. Steven Muehlstedt practices Pediatric Surgery in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Muehlstedt treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Muehlstedtdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1997
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Academic practice groups: strategy for survival.
- Hyperphosphatemia in a burn patient.
- Cytokines and the pathogenesis of nosocomial pneumonia.
- Increased IL-10 production and HLA-DR suppression in the lungs of injured patients precede the development of nosocomial pneumonia.
- Systemic and pulmonary effector cell function after injury.
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, General Surgery; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery
Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55404Get Direction
Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muehlstedt
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Dr. Brad A Feltis MD2545 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Nathaniel S Kreykes M.D.2530 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Mr. Richard G Karlen MD2080 Woodwinds Drive Saint Paul MN 55125
- Dr. Robert Dean Acton M.D.University Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. David E Skarda MD100 Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Donavon John Hess MDUniversity Of Minnesota Physicians Minneapolis MN 55455