Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2545 Chicago Ave S #104 Minneapolis MN, 55404
Dr. Steven Muehlstedt practices Pediatric Surgery in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Muehlstedt treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Muehlstedtdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1997
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Academic practice groups: strategy for survival.
- Hyperphosphatemia in a burn patient.
- Cytokines and the pathogenesis of nosocomial pneumonia.
- Increased IL-10 production and HLA-DR suppression in the lungs of injured patients precede the development of nosocomial pneumonia.
- Systemic and pulmonary effector cell function after injury.
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, General Surgery; Hennepin Co Med Ctr, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery
Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD's Practice location
Minneapolis, MN 55404Get Direction
Dr. Steven G Muehlstedt MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Muehlstedt
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Dr. Nathaniel S Kreykes M.D.2530 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Brad A Feltis MD2545 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Joseph B Lillegard MD2530 CHICAGO AVE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55404
- Dr. Patricia Angeline Valusek M.D.2530 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404
- Dr. Bradley Christopher Linden M.D.2525 CHICAGO AVE MINNEAPOLIS MN 55404
- Dr. Robert Hampton Rich MD2545 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55404