Dr. Laura Clark is a psychologist practicing in Blacksburg, VA. Dr. Clark specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Clark evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Clark because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Laura Kathleen Clark's Practice location
Blacksburg, VA 24060Get Direction
Dr. Laura Kathleen Clark's reviewsWrite Review
- How Music Therapy Benefits Autism
At some point in their lives, most people feel distressed by the way others see them. It’s common for others to see people for surface level qualities rather than who they truly are. This can be amplified while living with a condition such as autism. One of the main challenges that people with...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Socially Excel at School
Just because social challenges like communication impairment are one of the indications of autism, it does not imply that they are normal for children on the spectrum. Considering that, some parents experience challenges getting their kids to do such simple things as putting on winter clothes,...
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Adrienne J Means-christensen PH.D.7350 Peppers Ferry Blvd Radford VA 24141
- Dr. Christine Cooper Duma PHD700 University City Blvd Blacksburg VA 24060
- Dr. Sarah Hastings PH.D.419 3rd St Radford VA 24141
- Dr. Lee Cooper PH.D.3110 Prices Fork Rd Blacksburg VA 24061
- Dr. Jane Keppel-benson PH.D.200 Professional Park Dr Se Blacksburg VA 24060
- Mr. Tracy J. Cohn PH.D.125 Broad St Dublin VA 24084