Dr. Michael Donnino is a critical care surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Donnino specializes in the needs of critically ill surgical patients. Critical care surgeons are experts in treating physiologic responses to tissue injury from trauma, burns, infections, acute inflammation, operation and more. They are also trained to know how such injuries interact with other diseases that a patient may have. As a critical care surgeon, Dr. Donnino has a broad knowledge base and full understanding of the biology of the critically ill patient and the patients organ system functions.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Critical care and emergency medicine.
- Central venous-arterial carbon dioxide difference as an indicator of cardiac index.
- Sepsis: the changing times.
- The utility of head computed tomography in the emergency department evaluation of syncope.
- Determining disease severity in severe sepsis and septic shock.
- Distinctive acid-base pattern in Wernicke's encephalopathy.
- A central venous pressure goal of 8-12 mm Hg for all patients in septic shock.
- Effective lactate clearance is associated with improved outcome in post-cardiac arrest patients.
- Myths and misconceptions of Wernicke's encephalopathy: what every emergency physician should know.
- Identification and resuscitation of the trauma patient in shock.
- Relative adrenal insufficiency in post-cardiac arrest shock is under-recognized.
- Anti-arrhythmic and vasopressor medications for the treatment of ventricular fibrillation in severe hypothermia: a systematic review of the literature.
- Pulmonary embolism presenting as flank pain: a case series.
- The role of cranial computed tomography in the immediate post-cardiac arrest period.
- Inadequacy of temperature and white blood cell count in predicting bacteremia in patients with suspected infection.
- Henry Ford Health System 2004
- Henry Ford Hospital 1999
- Henry Ford Health Systems in Critical Care, Detroit, MI 2005
- Henry Ford Hospital, Fellow:Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine) 2003
Dr. Michael William Donnino MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael William Donnino MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis?
Sepsis is a severe medical condition caused by an extreme immune system response to infection. Widespread inflammation occurs due to chemicals that are released into the blood. This is the body’s natural response to counter an infection. Known as septicemia, or blood poisoning, sepsis is a...
- How Is Sepsis Diagnosed?
Since the signs and symptoms of sepsis can be due to other illnesses, diagnosing sepsis can sometimes be hard. A number of tests are done to identify the main infection that causes sepsis.Blood TestsBlood samples can be taken from two different parts of the body to detect the presence of the...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. James Matthew Dargin M.D.41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Stanley A Nasraway MD800 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Jahansouz Shokri M.D.485 Arsenal St Watertown MA 02472
- Dr. Rajanigandha Dhokarh M.D41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Dhamodaran Palaniappan MD75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Jorge E. Ortiz MD800 Washington Street Norwood MA 02062