Dr. Robert Setlik is a hematologist oncologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Setlik specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Current approaches and challenges in early detection of breast cancer recurrence.
- Future directions for the early detection of recurrent breast cancer.
- A full-coordinate model of the polymerase domain of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase and its interaction with a nucleic acid substrate.
- Applicability of PM3 to transphosphorylation reaction path: toward designing a minimal ribozyme.
- Modeling study on the cleavage step of the self-splicing reaction in group I introns.
- Modeling of a possible conformational change associated with the catalytic mechanism in the hammerhead ribozyme.
- Structure of an anti-HIV-1 hammerhead ribozyme complex with a 17-mer DNA
Dr. Robert Frank Setlik M.D.,PH.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78234Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78234Get Direction
Dr. Robert Frank Setlik M.D.,PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Astonishing Clinical Trial Results Show Promise for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Research
There’s good news for those who’ve been diagnosed with the aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) type referred to as diffuse large-B cell (DLBCL). According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), this type of HNL is the most common type of lymphoma.The descriptive letters clarify the type of...
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- 9/11 Ground Zero Worker's Lymphoma Improves with Clinical Trial
When the terrorist attacks occurred in New York on September 11th, 2001, Bart Zagami, a 61-year-old New York State Supreme Court officer, was in his office just a few blocks away from the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. Days after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Zagami spent his time at Ground...
- Stanford University's Linebacker Ryan Beecher Must Now Tackle Lymphoma
There's no doubt that Ryan Beecher is strong. If you want just watch one Stanford University football game, you'll see that and then some. However, he is now going to have to use a different type of strength in his battle against lymphoma.Ryan's storyWhile many had been following Ryan Beecher before...
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- Dr. Esther Urbaez duran M.D.720 Pleasanton Rd San Antonio TX 78214
- Dr. Erika J. Struble M.D.2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Michael Bernhard Osswald M.D.2200 Bergquist Dr Unknown - 99999
- Dr. Hilal Mahmood Fanasch MD508 Medical Center Blvd Conroe TX 77304
- Dr. Jason Kenneth Burris M.D.300 W Hospital Rd Augusta GA 30905
- Dr. Bradley Alexander Mcgregor MD2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236