Dr. Charles Scot Mcarthur O.D.
Optometrist900 Commons Dr Suite 605 Dothan AL, 36303
Dr. Charles Mcarthur is an optometrist practicing in Dothan, AL. Dr. Mcarthur specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Mcarthur performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The preparation of L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine from lecithins.
- The preparation of lecithin from L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine.
- BACTERIAL LIPIDS AND THE GRAM STAINING REACTION.
- Determination of sodium thiosulfate and para-aminohippuric acid in renal clearance tests.
- The acetone-soluble lipoid of the atheromatous aorta.
- The mode of action of lipotropic agents: Proof of the in vivo incorporation of triethyl-beta-hydroxyethyl-ammonium hydroxide into the phospholipid molecule.
- Oral toxicity and lipotropic potency of the triethyl homologue of choline.
- Biological Incorporation of a Choline Homologue Into Liver Phospholipids.
- THE SELENIUM DEHYDROGENATION OF agr-TOCOPHEROL.
- Biological incorporation of a choline homologue into liver phospholipids.
- A histone-like fraction bound to lipid in Staphylococcus epidermidis.
Dr. Charles Scot Mcarthur O.D.'s Practice location
Dothan, AL 36303Get Direction
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...