Dr. James Hannon is an anesthesiologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Hannon ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hannon also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Mayo Med Sch, Rochester Mn 1984
Florida International University, Miami, FL 1984
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Comparison of cross-bridge cycling kinetics in neonatal vs. adult rat ventricular muscle.
- Effects of volatile anesthetics on sarcolemmal calcium transport and sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium content in isolated myocytes.
- Isotonic force modulates force redevelopment rate of intact frog muscle fibres: evidence for cross-bridge induced thin filament activation.
- Inositol trisphosphate (InsP3) causes contraction in skeletal muscle only under artificial conditions: evidence that Ca2+ release can result from depolarization of T-tubules.
- Effects of cycling and rigor crossbridges on the conformation of cardiac troponin C.
- Isoflurane applied during ischemia enhances intracellular calcium accumulation in
- The impact of isoflurane during simulated ischemia/reoxygenation on intracellular calcium, contractile function, and arrhythmia in ventricular myocytes.
- Increased tolerance to hypoxic metabolic inhibition and reoxygenation of cardiomyocytes from apolipoprotein E-deficient mice.
- The effect of isoflurane during reoxygenation on the sarcoplasmic reticulum and cellular injury in isolated ventricular myocytes.
- Dynamics of crossbridge-mediated activation in the heart.
- Intraoperative adrenal insufficiency in a patient with prader-willi syndrome.
- Time to extubation during propofol anesthesia for spine surgery with sufentanil compared with fentanyl: a retrospective cohort study.
- Unloaded shortening of skinned muscle fibers from rabbit activated with and without Ca2+.
- Isometric force redevelopment of skinned muscle fibers from rabbit activated with and without Ca2+.
- Activation dependence and kinetics of force and stiffness inhibition by aluminiofluoride, a slowly dissociating analogue of inorganic phosphate, in chemically skinned fibres from rabbit psoas muscle.
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Anesthesiology; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine
- Mayo Grad School Med/Mayo Fndn
Dr. James D Hannon M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. James D Hannon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Cervical Cancer?
Abnormal growth and division of the cells in the cervix leads to cervical cancer. The cervix is the part of the female body that connects the uterus to the vagina. The abnormal cells become invasive and they may invade other organs, like lungs, liver, bladder, and even rectum. As the disease...
- What Should I Keep in Mind While Using Antibiotics?
Antibiotics are life-saving medications for many bacterial infections. Misuse of these drugs may result in developing drug resistant bacteria. Therefore, understanding the use and misuse of antibiotics is very important in preventing antibiotic resistance. There are different types of antibiotics,...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Megan Nicole Manento M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Stephanie Ann Neuman M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Todd Glendon Call M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Edward D Frie M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Timothy B Curry M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Adam K Jacob M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905