Dr. Laura Nettesheim is a speech language pathologist practicing in LAFAYETTE, IN. Dr. Nettesheim specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Nettesheim evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Nettesheim helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Laura Nettesheim's Practice location
LAFAYETTE, IN 47909Get Direction
Laura Nettesheim's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mrs. Stephanie Lynn Christensen M.S., CCC-SLP2741 N SALISBURY ST WEST LAFAYETTE IN 47906
- Mrs. Sarah E Russell MA500 OVAL DRIVE WEST LAFAYETTE IN 47907
- Abigail M. Burcham SLP2600 GREENBUSH ST LAFAYETTE IN 47904
- Peni J Satterfield MS CCC SLP L4543 CORMORANT DR LAFAYETTE IN 47909
- David Max Jackson M.S., CCC-SLP81 PEREGRINE CT W LAFAYETTE IN 47906
- Gwendolyn S Pennington3851 N RIVER RD WEST LAFAYETTE IN 47906