Dr. Michael Smith is an internist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Smith specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Smith provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1987
Texas A&M University, TX 1979
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Radiation Oncology; Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, Radiation Oncology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael Dean Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77062Get Direction
Dr. Michael Dean Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Obesity & Sleep Disorders, Affect Child's Ability to Learn
A new study has shown that weight, sleeping disorders, and inability to learn are all linked with each other in children. A child who is overweight and who does not get enough sleep may have difficulty learning. Moreover, a child who has learning disabilities has a higher risk of developing obesity...
- What Is a Bruise?
IntroductionBruises, also known as contusions, appear due to certain types of trauma. Bruises are formed when the body’s soft tissues are injured due to bumps, twists, fall, or blow to the body. This injury causes tiny blood vessels and small veins to break and release red blood cells (RBCs)...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- Dr. Muhammad Umair R. Qamar M.D.6565 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Anwar Ahmad M.D.2000 Crawford St Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Joseph E. Sleiman M.D.8221 Gulf Freeway Houston Texas 77017
- Dr. Mohammad Y. Khan M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Victor Al Simms MD3508 East Pasadena Freeway Pasadena Texas 77503
- Dr. Spencer Su M.D.6560 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030