Dr. Shannon Winakur is a cardiologist practicing in Towson, MD. Dr. Winakur specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Winakur also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1998
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Cardiovascular Diseases; Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Program A
Shannon J Winakur M.D.'s Practice location
Towson, MD 21204Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21229Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21229Get Direction
Shannon J Winakur M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What are the Stages of Congestive Heart Failure?
Once a heart failure is diagnosed, it is evaluated. To commence the proper evaluation of heart failure, it is essential to share a complete and accurate history of what you are experiencing and what you have experienced so far with your doctor. Providing a complete and accurate history of your...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- Emerson Walden, Jr.301 St. Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202
- Garima Sharma MBBS4924 Campbell Blvd. White Marsh Maryland 21236
- Ambereen Quraishi MD1838 Greene Tree Rd Pikesville MD 21208
- Miriam L Cohen M.D.201 E University Pkwy Baltimore MD 21218
- Eduardo Marban M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Oscar Horacio Cingolani MD600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287