Dr. Telva E Olivares M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry601 Elmwood Ave Box 656 Rochester NY, 14642
Dr. Telva Olivares is a psychiatrist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Olivares is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Olivares diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Olivares may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Olivares treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1986
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Opiate Dependence
- Adjustment Disorder
- Strong Memorial Hospital of the University of Rochester Program
Dr. Telva E Olivares M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Telva E Olivares M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Olivares
- How To Help Your Loved One Combat Geriatric Depression
Clinical depression is very common in elderly people. While the cause of depression is different depending on the individual, one of the main reasons behind geriatric depression is loneliness. Family members usually focus on the physical health of their elders and deliberately ignore another...
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Dr. Joseph Robert Carbone DPM800 Cross River Road Katonah New York 10536
- Dr. Robert L Weisman D.O.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. David J. Barry M.D.2000 Winton Rd S Rochester NY 14618
- Dr. Ellen Ann Fleischnick MD1565 Long Pond Rd Rochester NY 14626
- Dr. Alexandra Maria Fotiou MD89 Genesee St Rochester NY 14611
- Dr. Robert Edwin Horn MD24a Grove St Pittsford NY 14534