Dr. Alakananda Chakrabarty is an internist practicing in Coal Township, PA. Dr. Chakrabarty specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Chakrabarty provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Calicut Medical College, University Of Calicut 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Opiate Dependence
- Ear Wax
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Vascular Disease
- Geisinger Medical Center
- Temple University Hospital Program
Dr. Alakananda Chakrabarty MD's Practice location
Coal Township, PA 17866Get Direction
Dr. Alakananda Chakrabarty MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chakrabarty
- What Could Lightheadedness Mean?
What is Lightheadedness?Older adults commonly complain about feeling woozy, lightheaded, or a little faint.The reason may not be something dangerous, but still, if you feel lightheaded, it is better to be careful. Serious injuries due to a fall can result due to lightheadedness even though there...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- Can Dehydration Cause a Lack of Appetite?
When a body doesn’t have sufficient fluids, it becomes dehydrated. Although dehydration mostly occurs during warm seasons when people work outdoors and don’t drink plenty of water, it can also happen in various situations and can be very dangerous or even fatal. Dehydration occurs in three...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- 7 Random Reasons for Irregular Periods
The menstrual cycle normally happens every month with a series of monthly changes that occur in a woman’s body in preparation for the chance of pregnancy. Every month, women go through the process of ovulation, wherein one ovary releases an egg. When the egg is not fertilized, the uterine lining...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Dr. Tatiana Figueredo M.D.675 Baltimore Drive Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18702
- Dr. James H Bower MD614 Main St Lykens PA 17048
- Dr. Brian P. Oppermann M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Sudhir Kumar Khanna M.D.239 W Commerce St Shamokin PA 17872
- Dr. Emily T. Suvock D.O.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Scott A. Olex D.O.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822