Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation26w171 Roosevelt Rd Wheaton IL, 60187
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis is a physiatrist practicing in Wheaton, IL. Dr. Stambolis is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Stambolis focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Stambolis can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science Medicine
University of Athens School of Health Sciences 1977
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- 2012 Chicago Super Doctors
- Spinal Cord Injuries, Urodynamics
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Abnormal Gait
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, INTEREHAB PROGRAM, BENSENVILLE INTEREHAB
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, REHABILITATION SERVICES, ELMHURST HOSP
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, SPINAL CORD REHABILITATION PROGRAM
- Board of Directors BOARD OF DIRECTORS, REHABILITATION MEDICINE CLINIC
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ACADEMIC PHYSIATRY
- Member AMERICAN CONGRESS OF REHABILITATION MEDICINE
- Member AMERICAN SPINAL INJURY ASSOCIATION
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION
- Staff STAFF PV/GLEN OAKS MEDICAL CENTER, GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL
- Staff STAFF PRV/ELMHURST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, ELMHURST, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/EDWARD HOSPITAL, NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/DELNOR COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, GENEVA, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/CENTRAL DuPAGE HOSPITAL, WINFIELD, ILLINOIS
- ELECTRODIAGNOSIS-NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASE, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK CITY, NY 1982
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD's Practice location
Wheaton, IL 60187Get Direction
SARASOTA, FL 34239Get Direction
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stambolis
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- The Worst Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Having rheumatoid arthritis means sticking to certain lifestyle practices. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to large-scale inflammation in the body, which typically affects the joints. The condition causes immobility and severe pain as the inflamed joints makes it painful to move. Rheumatoid...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Can Sciatica Pain Be Cured?
What is sciatica?Sciatica is a health condition in which one experiences radiating pain running down from the lower back to the feet. Pain may occur on either side of the leg and it is not necessary that lower back pain exists in all cases of sciatica. The pain’s nature is shooting pain, which...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Dr. Steven G Bardfield MD1010 EXECUTIVE DR WESTMONT IL 60559
- Dr. Vinita Mathew M.D.27650 Ferry Rd Warrenville IL 60555
- Dr. Reggie M Augusthy DO1221 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506
- Dr. Silpa Katta M.D.17W682 BUTTERFIELD ROAD OAKBROOK TERRACE IL 60181
- Dr. Min Kyung Kim MD1200 S. York Elmhurst IL 60126
- Dr. Ellen I. Voronov M.D.133 E BRUSH HILL RD STE 100 ELMHURST IL 60126