Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation26w171 Roosevelt Rd Wheaton IL, 60187
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis is a physiatrist practicing in Wheaton, IL. Dr. Stambolis is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Stambolis focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Stambolis can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science Medicine
University of Athens School of Health Sciences 1977
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- 2012 Chicago Super Doctors
- Spinal Cord Injuries, Urodynamics
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Abnormal Gait
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, INTEREHAB PROGRAM, BENSENVILLE INTEREHAB
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, REHABILITATION SERVICES, ELMHURST HOSP
- Medical Director MEDICAL DIRECTOR, SPINAL CORD REHABILITATION PROGRAM
- Board of Directors BOARD OF DIRECTORS, REHABILITATION MEDICINE CLINIC
- Member AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ACADEMIC PHYSIATRY
- Member AMERICAN CONGRESS OF REHABILITATION MEDICINE
- Member AMERICAN SPINAL INJURY ASSOCIATION
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION
- Staff STAFF PV/GLEN OAKS MEDICAL CENTER, GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL
- Staff STAFF PRV/ELMHURST MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, ELMHURST, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/EDWARD HOSPITAL, NAPERVILLE, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/DELNOR COMMUNITY HOSPITAL, GENEVA, ILLINOIS
- Staff STAFF PRV/CENTRAL DuPAGE HOSPITAL, WINFIELD, ILLINOIS
- ELECTRODIAGNOSIS-NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASE, NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK CITY, NY 1982
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD's Practice location
Wheaton, IL 60187Get Direction
SARASOTA, FL 34239Get Direction
Dr. Vasilios Stambolis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stambolis
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Dr. Steven G Bardfield MD1010 EXECUTIVE DR WESTMONT IL 60559
- Dr. Vinita Mathew M.D.27650 Ferry Rd Warrenville IL 60555
- Dr. Silpa Katta M.D.17W682 BUTTERFIELD ROAD OAKBROOK TERRACE IL 60181
- Dr. Reggie M Augusthy DO1221 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506
- Dr. Christopher R Pasquale M.D.909 E Palatine Rd Palatine IL 60074
- Dr. Julie Anne Lanphere D.O.1775 Dempster St Park Ridge IL 60068