Dr. John Stout is an ophthalmologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Stout specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Stout can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Stout can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Exclusion of candidate genetic loci for Duane retraction syndrome.
- Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31.
- Clinical phenotype associated with the arg141 his mutation in the X-linked retinoschisis gene.
- DNA-based diagnosis of the von Hippel-Lindau syndrome.
- Efficient and sustained transgene expression in human corneal cells mediated by a lentiviral vector.
- A novel mutation in the Norrie disease gene.
- Expression of a recombinant human RGR opsin in Lentivirus-transduced cultured cells.
- Isolation and characterization of the human homeobox gene HOX D1.
- Retinopathy of prematurity.
- Corneal transduction to inhibit angiogenesis and graft failure.
- Corneal cells.
- Retinal tissue.
- Genetic architecture of fast- and slow-twitch skeletal muscle weight in 200-day-old mice of the C57BL/6J and DBA/2J lineage.
- Gene therapy and control of angiogenesis.
- PC IOLs in aniridia.
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatrics
- Doheny Eye Institute Usc 1990
Dr. John Timothy Stout MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
HOUSTON, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. John Timothy Stout MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- F. Michael Cornell10001 Southeast Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015
- Dr. Beth Edmunds MD PHD3303 Southwest Bond Avenue Portland Oregon 97239
- Dr. Martin J Balish MD9155 Sw Barnes Rd Portland OR 97225
- Dr. Vasiliki D Stoumbos MD1130 Nw 22nd Ave Portland OR 97210
- Dr. Jason Skalet MD280 W Macarthur Blvd Oakland CA 94611
- Dr. Christen K Richard MD5050 Ne Hoyt St Portland OR 97213