Dr. Stuart Jon Spechler M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology4500 S Lancaster Rd Dallas Va Medical Ce Dallas TX, 75216
Dr. Spechler obtained his B.A. degree from Boston University (1971) and his M.D. degree from Boston University School of Medicine (1974). He completed his residency in internal medicine (1974-1977) an ...
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1974
Boston University School of Medicine 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Proliferative characteristics of intestinalized mucosa in the distal esophagus and gastroesophageal junction (short-segment Barrett's esophagus): a case control study.
- Does Helicobacter pylori infection contribute to gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- The role of gastric carditis in metaplasia and neoplasia at the gastroesophageal junction.
- American gastroenterological association medical position statement on treatment of patients with dysphagia caused by benign disorders of the distal esophagus.
- AGA technical review on treatment of patients with dysphagia caused by benign disorders of the distal esophagus.
- Endoscopic assessment of oesophagitis: clinical and functional correlates and further validation of the Los Angeles classification.
- Influence of H. pylori infection on meal-stimulated gastric acid secretion and gastroesophageal acid reflux.
- Clinical aspects of genetic variability in Helicobacter pylori.
- GERD and its complications.
- Medical treatment of Barrett's esophagus.
- Barrett's esophagus: an overrated cancer risk factor.
- Barrett's oesophagus: diagnosis and management.
- Selective inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 suppresses growth and induces apoptosis in human esophageal adenocarcinoma cells.
- The effects of tegaserod (HTF 919) on oesophageal acid exposure in gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.
- Phenotype of Barrett's esophagus and intestinal metaplasia of the distal esophagus and gastroesophageal junction: an immunohistochemical study of cytokeratins 7 and 20, Das-1 and 45 MI.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Member American College of Gastroenterology
- Member American Gastroenterological Association
- Boston VA Medical Center 1977
Dr. Stuart Jon Spechler M.D.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75216Get Direction
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- New Treatment for Celiac Disease Using Nanoparticles Is Underway
Recently, investigators have found a potential way to develop a treatment for celiac disease, which, according to Cour Pharmaceuticals focuses on the autoimmune disease, along with other inflammatory diseases. The treatment has been approved for clinical trials in August, 2017, and these trials have...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Does Crohn's or Colitis Put Someone at Risk for Another Disease?
As Ben Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” and if you have Crohn’s Disease or colitis, you know there are fewer mantras truer than this.The symptoms of IBD and some of the medical treatments that go along with it can all put you at risk for various ailments and...
- What is the Best Diet Plan for Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease characterized by inflammation and ulcer formation in the lining of the large intestine, including the colon and rectum. This condition together with other diseases of the large intestine, like Crohn’s disease, is referred to inflammatory bowel disease. These...
- Khurram Mazhar4500 S. Lancaster Road Dallas TX 75216
- Dr. Christopher J Vesy M.D.3600 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Alexi Michael Mantas M.D.7777 Forest Lane Dallas TX 75225
- Dr. Harry E Sarles M.D.777 Walter Reed Blvd Garland TX 75042
- Dr. Kurt Charles Lange M.D.9330 Poppy Dr Dallas TX 75218
- Dr. Charles John Lostak D.O.3450 W Wheatland Rd Dallas TX 75237