Dr. Peter T. Kan M.D.
NeurosurgeonDepartment Of Neurosurgery University Of Utah Bldg. 550, 5th Floor Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Peter Kan practices Neurological Surgery in Salt Lake City, UT. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Kan prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis and thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke: technique and results.
- Pediatric cerebral cavernous malformations: Genetics, pathogenesis, and management.
- [The excretion of dursban and diazinon with the milk].
- [Dynamics of the conservation of chlorophos concentrations in dips].
- [Aerol-2 aerosols for controlling ixodid ticks].
- Interstitial volume implants with I-125 seeds.
- Development of a computed tomographic scanner for radiation therapy treatment planning.
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons CNS Vascular Fellowship
- Cerebrovascular Disease, Brain Aneurysm
- Member Active , Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member Active , American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 2001
- Endovascular Neurosurgery, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY - 2012. Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario - 2009.
- NEUROSURGERY, ENDOVASCULAR, UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO, BUFFALO, NY 2010
- NEUROSURGERY, SKULL BASE, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, TORONTO, ON 2008
Dr. Peter T. Kan M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33606Get Direction
Dr. Peter T. Kan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kan
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Bruce S. Harris MD675 E 2100 S Salt Lake City UT 84106
- Dr. Peter Hanks Maughan MD5171 COTTONWOOD ST MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. Samuel Robert Browd M.D., PH.D.3125 Kennedy Dr Salt Lake City UT 84108
- Dr. Nathan Kinneer Friedline MD175 N Medical Drive Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Daniel W. Fults MD100 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84113
- Dr. Mark Alexander Mahan MD50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132