Mr. Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology1301 Penn Ave Suite 100 Des Moines IA, 50316
Dr. Prasad Palakurthy is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Palakurthy performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Osmania Med Coll- Univ Hlth Sci- Vijayawada- Hyderabad- Ap- India 1974
Osmania Medical College 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Automatic implantable scanning burst pacemakers for recurrent tachyarrhythmias.
- Blepharospasm accompanying hypoxic encephalopathy.
- Myotonic dystrophy: ambulatory electrocardiogram, electrophysiologic study, and echocardiographic evaluation.
- Amiodarone induced encephalopathy and diabetes insipidus.
- Cibenzoline for high-frequency ventricular arrhythmias: a short-term comparison with quinidine and a long-term follow-up.
- Surgical treatment of refractory ventricular arrhythmias: initial experience with ventricular resection guided by intraoperative mapping.
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Sinai-Grace Hosp/Sinai Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases
- SCS/MSUCOM/Sinai Grace Hospital Program
Mr. Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50316Get Direction
Mr. Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palakurthy
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Dr. Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Robert H Hoyt M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Pamela Lynne Nerheim M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Steven J Bailin M.D.5880 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. William Ben Johnson M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314