Dr. Ankit Patel is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Joliet, IL. Dr. Patel specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1998
University of Michigan Medical School 1998
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Acid Reflux
- Deviated Septum
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Univ Il Coll Of Med, Otolaryngology; Univ Il Coll Of Med, General Surgery
- University Of Illinois At Chicago College Of Medicine Otolaryngology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program
Dr. Ankit M Patel MD's Practice location
Joliet, IL 60435Get Direction
Dr. Ankit M Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Meniere's Disease
What is Meniere’s disease?This is a rare medical condition that occurs in the inner ear and impacts the ability to hear and balance. It is common knowledge that the inner ear is responsible for hearing, but not everyone knows it is responsible for balance as well. Therefore, a disease such as...
- Holistic Treatments for Sinusitis
A sinus infection can be caused by bacteria, virus, or fungi. Some of the symptoms of a sinus infection are congestion in the nasal passages, headaches, fever, and cough. It is always advisable to consult a physician if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. However, there are some natural...
- How to Tell if You Have a Sleep Disorder
Excessive sleepiness seems to be increasing among people, according to a report by the National Sleep Foundation. In recent a poll conducted by the organization, 20% of Americans reported to have under six hours of sleep on average. This figure was just 13% in 2001. “This is basically because of...
- What Is a Pleomorphic Adenoma: Is It Dangerous?
Introduction The salivary glands produce saliva, which keeps the mouth moist, helps digest the food, and prevents the rapid decay of our teeth. The salivary glands are small in size and are located around the inner lining of the mouth, cheeks, and lips. Many diseases from cancerous tumors to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty: What is it?Blepharoplasty or plastic surgery of the eye is a common surgical operation, which is done to improve the appearance of your eyelids. It is a procedure used to modify the configuration and contour of both the upper and lower eyelids. It is, therefore, done for cosmetic...
- Dr. Brian Patrick Farrell MD16001 108th Ave Orland Park IL 60467
- Dr. Sanjiv Upadhyay M.D.2040 Ogden Ave Aurora IL 60504
- Mr. Angelo Robert Consiglio MD1034 Warren Ave Downers Grove IL 60515
- Dr. Vytenis T Grybauskas M.D.7350 W College Dr Palos Heights IL 60463
- Dr. Cynthia Go M.D., PH.D.15900 W. 127th St Lemont IL 60439
- Dr. Stephen James Kraseman M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822