Dr. Franco is a clinical neurologist and founding partner who has been in practice for 25 years. He was born and educated in Atlanta, Georgia. He is a clinical professor of neurology at Emory University. ...
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1963
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Herniated Disc
- Memory Loss
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Abnormal Gait
- Vascular Disease
- Grady Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine; Grady Mem Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Richard D Franco M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Richard D Franco M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Multiple Sclerosis: Richard Pryor's Legacy
Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor III was born on December 1st, 1940 to Gertrude L. and LeRoy “Buck Carter” Pryor. He grew up in a brothel in the red-light district of Peoria, Illinois, which was run by his grandmother, Marie Carter. After his mother abandoned him at the age of 10, Pryor was...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Jillian Mercado Slays It on Beyoncé's Clothing Campaign
A couple of years ago Jillian Mercado, the 27-year-old New Yorker, was beginning to stand out as a fashion reference; she managed her own blog and jumped to fame for being the image of the Diesel and Nordstrom brands.And, soon after, Beyoncé, yes the Queen B, has chosen her to be the face of her...
- Coping with Muscular Dystrophy
Discussing with a child that they have a muscle wasting disease is not easy. People who are diagnosed with muscular dystrophy have a mind that functions normally, but a body that does not. Being a parent of a child with MD revolves around acceptance. When you get past the initial fear and...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Movement Disorder in Parkinson's May Be Due to Brain's Rewiring
Parkinson’s is among the most common neurodegenerative and movement disorders that touches the lives of approximately 1% of the population over the age of 60. It is more common among men than women, which suggests apart from genetics, hormonal and environmental factors may play a role. Although...
- Dr. Michael R. Yochelson MD102 Irving Street Northwest Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Philip R Kennedy MD3400 Mcclure Bridge Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Jorge Luis Juncos M.D.1841 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30329
- Dr. Lisa H Johnston M.D.993 Johnson Ferry Rd Ne # F Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Andrei I. Serbanescu M.D.550 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30308
- Dr. Joshua A. Turknett M.D.2665 N Decatur Rd Decatur GA 30033