Dr. Mary Kasten is an internist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Kasten specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Kasten provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1985
University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Human immunodeficiency virus: the initial physician-patient encounter.
- Preventive health care in the elderly population: a guide for practicing physicians.
- Current status of antiretroviral therapy.
- 39-year-old woman with fever and weight loss.
- Visiting medical student elective and clerkship programs: a survey of US and Puerto Rico allopathic medical schools.
- The visiting medical student clerkship program at Mayo Clinic.
- Oxalate nephropathy due to 'juicing': case report and review.
- Mycobacterium haemophilum Skin Infection in the Setting of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Multiple Drug Allergies.
- Management of HIV/AIDS in older patients-drug/drug interactions and adherence to antiretroviral therapy.
- Vascular Disease
- MemberMinnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Infectious Diseases; Univ Il Coll Med-Urbana, Internal Medicine
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Affiliated Hospitals 1985
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Affiliated Hospitals 1988
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
- Fellow - Infectious Disease: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Dr. Mary J Kasten M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Mary J Kasten M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Viral vs. Bacterial Infections: Know the Difference
IntroductionBoth bacterial and viral infections are caused by microbes, such as bacteria and viruses. These microbes are spread through the following:...
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Foods
Wine – Red wine is known to be very good for the body when consumed in moderation. Resveratrol, an important component of red wine, reduces the damage to blood vessels, prevents blood clots, and lowers the levels of LDL cholesterol. Studies have shown that resveratrol inhibits the growth of...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- Dr. Natalia Lazik MD201 South Lloyd Street Aberdeen South Dakota 57401
- Mazen Al-Qadi200 1st Street SW Rochester Minnesota 55906
- Dr. Mary M. Meyer M.D.2330 NW Flanders Street Portland Oregon 97210
- Dr. Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez quesada M.D., M.P.H.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Christopher D Janish MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Rachel D. a. Havyer M.D.13400 E Shea Blvd Scottsdale AZ 85259