Dr. Brian Scannell is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Scannell specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Scannell tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Scannell treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Member Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Carolinas Medical Center
- Rady Children's Hospital of San Diego, Pediatric Orthopaedic and Scoliosis
Dr. Brian Scannell MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28203Get Direction
CHARLOTTE, NC 28207Get Direction
Dr. Brian Scannell MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Dr. Eric Daniel Fornari M.D.3030 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. John W Kemppainen M.D.3030 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Amarpal Singh Arora M.D.2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Jaysson Trevor Brooks M.D.3030 CHILDRENS WAY FL 3 SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Lisa S Miller MD8010 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Nirav K Pandya MD3030 Childrens Way San Diego CA 92123