Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1975
Tulane University School of Medicine 1975
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Radiology; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Alan J. Karpman MD's Practice location
Panorama City, CA 91402Get Direction
Alan J. Karpman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Noriko Salamon757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Richard A. Reed MEDICAL DOCTOR100 W California Blvd Pasadena CA 91105
- Thu-Anh Hoang1445 Olive View Drive Sylmar California 91342
- Alfred Franklin Turner748 South El Molino Avenue Pasadena California 91106
- Madeleine Fisher MD3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance CA 90505
- Suzie C. Bash MD16311 Ventura Boulevard Encino California 91436