Dr. Ailda Nika M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology4211 N Cicero Ave Suite 100 Chicago IL, 60641
Dr. Ailda Nika is a rheumatologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Nika specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Nika treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
University of Tirana, Albania Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- West Suburban Medical Center
- University of IL at Chicago Hospitals and Clinic - Rheumatology
- University of Illinois Medical Center - Rheumatology
Dr. Ailda Nika M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60641Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60612Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Ailda Nika M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nika
- What is Lupus Nephritis?
Lupus nephritis is inflammation of the kidney as a result of lupus or SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus). SLE is a condition whereby your organs and cells are attacked by your own immune system, making it an autoimmune disease. Approximately 60% of SLE patients are found to have lupus nephritis and...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment: Hot or Cold?
Ever heard of Icy Hot? Temperature-based therapies have been around for ages. Heat pads and ice packs have long been used to relieve all sorts of aches and pains of the muscles and joints.Rheumatoid arthritis is no exception, but how are these treatments used best for joints specifically affected by...
- New 3D Imaging Technique Can Lead to Better Arthritis Treatment
Arthritis is common, but not quite well understood. It is not a ‘disease’, but rather a term used to describe any disease that affects the joints. There are over 100 different forms of arthritis; however, two of the most common forms are rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis. ...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- More Sleep May Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
A recent study shows relieving pain and getting better sleep may help lessen the severity of rheumatoid arthritis. The goal of this descriptive-correlative study was to better understand the relationship among pain, sleep, and inflammatory markers.This information could then be used to “develop...
- Dr. Robert Katz M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Nadera J Sweiss MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Jerry Renato Coltro M.D.9830 Ridgeland Ave Chicago Ridge IL 60415
- Dr. Brinda P Joshi DO801 N Cass Ave Westmont IL 60559
- Dr. Linda Maria Mileti MD676 N St Clair Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Meenakshi Jolly M.D.1725 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612