Dr. Katherine Mariko Tanaka M.D.
Ophthalmologist5512 E Britton Dr Suite 200 Long Beach CA, 90815
Dr. Katherine Tanaka is an ophthalmologist practicing in Long Beach, CA. Dr. Tanaka specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Tanaka can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Tanaka can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Irvine- Ca Coll Of Med- Irvine Ca 1985
University of California 1986
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Hollywood Presby Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Usc University Hospital
- USC/LAC-Keck School of Medicine
Dr. Katherine Mariko Tanaka M.D.'s Practice location
Long Beach, CA 90815Get Direction
Dr. Katherine Mariko Tanaka M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tanaka
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- Dr. Robert F. Ruper MD436 S Glassell St Orange CA 92866
- Dr. Sean D. Adrean M.D.301 W Bastanchury Rd Fullerton California 92835
- Dr. Afshin James Khodabakhsh MD416 N Bedford Dr Beverly Hills CA 90210
- Dr. Jeffrey V. Winston M.D.101 Laguna Road Fullerton CA 92835
- Mr. Robert T Lin M.D.18725 Gale Ave Rowland Heights CA 91748
- Dr. Ronald N. Gaster MD19671 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach CA 92648