Matthew Keifer is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Marshfield, WI. Keifer specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Keifer participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1982
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- The structure and function of the occupational health system in Thailand.
- Fumigant-related illnesses: Washington State's five-year experience.
- Effectiveness of interventions in reducing pesticide overexposure and poisonings.
- Biologically based pesticide dose estimates for children in an agricultural community.
- Development of a life events/icon calendar questionnaire to ascertain occupational histories and other characteristics of migrant farmworkers.
- Comparison of a traditional questionnaire with an icon/calendar-based questionnaire to assess occupational history.
- Test-retest reliability of an icon/calendar-based questionnaire used to assess occupational history.
- Comparability of data obtained from migrant farmworkers and their spouses on occupational history.
- Health and safety hazards in Northwest agriculture: setting an occupational research agenda.
- Comparison of local risk factors for children's atopic symptoms in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Occupational accidents and injuries in Thailand.
- Neurotoxicity of pesticides.
- Evaluation of a clinic-based cholinesterase test kit for the Washington State Cholinesterase Monitoring Program.
- Pacific Northwest health professionals survey on pesticides and children.
- Perceptions of environmental and occupational health hazards among agricultural
- Univ Of Wa Sch Pub Hlth, Occupational Medicine; Univ Wa Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Washington Program
Dr. Matthew C. Keifer MD's Practice location
Marshfield, WI 54449Get Direction
Dr. Matthew C. Keifer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- How to Prepare for Occupational Therapy
There really is no single way to prepare for occupational therapy or any other forms of therapy for that matter. Treatment of disease is straightforward. The tests are known and the diagnosis is definitive. If the medication is tested and the side-effects are known, then the recovery time can be...
- Occupational Therapy and Mental Health
Mental disabilities require a radically different approach from physical disabilities. For a fact, they are serious and can harm the individual’s social and mental development, but more importantly, most of them cannot be cured.Which mental health problems are addressed by occupational...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Occupational Therapy vs. Physical Therapy
Therapy is synonymous with treatment, which means that it is a course of action taken to correct a particular health problem. As with other fields, there are different approaches to therapy such as occupational and physical therapy. They are both recognized professions and the practitioners must be...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....