Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1836 South Ave La Crosse WI, 54601
Dr. William Bucknam is a psychiatrist practicing in La Crosse, WI. Dr. Bucknam is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bucknam diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Bucknam may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Bucknam treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1979
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1979
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Dual Diagnosis
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Member American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Psychiatry
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD's Practice location
La Crosse, WI 54601Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53719Get Direction
Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bucknam
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- Dr. Emily Diana Rae MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Carol Kosmicke Powell M.D.1836 SOUTH AVE LA CROSSE WI 54601
- Dr. Kristen A Freier M.D.1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Laurie J Polubinsky MD1836 SOUTH AVE LA CROSSE WI 54601
- Dr. David W Metzler MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Mariana K Vosika MD123 16th Ave S Onalaska WI 54650