Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1836 South Ave La Crosse WI, 54601
Dr. William Bucknam is a psychiatrist practicing in La Crosse, WI. Dr. Bucknam is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Bucknam diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Bucknam may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Bucknam treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1979
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1979
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Dual Diagnosis
- Bipolar Disorder
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- MemberAmerican Society of Addiction Medicine
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Psychiatry
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD's Practice location
La Crosse, WI 54601Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53719Get Direction
Dr. William Carlin Bucknam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bucknam
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
Anyone with a list of ADHD symptoms can speculate about the possibility of an ADHD disorder, but only a specialist can clearly determine the cause of the symptoms. Nevertheless, it’s always advisable to take note of alarming signals that may point to ADHD and report them to your general...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Dr. Emily Diana Rae MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Kristen A Freier M.D.1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Carol Kosmicke Powell M.D.210 9th St SE Rochester MN 55904
- Dr. Laurie J Polubinsky MD556 N Leavitt Road Amherst OH 44001
- Dr. Mariana K Vosika MD123 16th Ave S Onalaska WI 54650
- Dr. David W Metzler MD1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601