Dr. John Fiore is an oncologist practicing in Commack, NY. Dr. Fiore specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Fiore manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1949
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1978
Tufts University School of Medicine 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine; Cath M C Bklyn-Queens Inc, Internal Medicine; Cath M C Bklyn-Queens Inc, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Veterans Administration Hospital 1976
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. John J Fiore MD's Practice location
Commack, NY 11725Get Direction
Dr. John J Fiore MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fiore
- Do I Have an Increased Risk of Developing Ovarian Cancer if I Have Endometriosis?
What is endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful disease that affects the tissues lining the inner side of the uterus, which is called endometrium. The tissue is formed outside of the uterus and causes pelvic pain. Endometriosis is a common benign disorder that affects about 10% to 15% women in...
- What Causes Bladder Cancer?
What Causes Bladder Cancer?Bladder cancer a common type of cancer that usually begins in the cells lining your bladder, which is also referred to as the transitional epithelium. Just as the other types of cancer, bladder cancer develops into a life-threatening condition. However, 50% of its cases...
- Breast Cancer Death Rate Has Dropped Dramatically in the US
The results from a 2015 breast cancer study are in, and the news is great!The study shows there is a 39% lower death rate in the US from breast cancer. And that there has been a steady decline of such deaths since 1989. The reduction in breast cancer-related deaths is reported to be the result of...
- Tumor DNA in Blood Used to Spot Ovarian Cancer
The longer that a cancerous tumor lies undetected in the body, the greater the risk of severe or irreversible complications. That being said, detecting cancer early can be difficult, especially if the cancer shares symptoms with other, more common diseases. Many cancers have high survival rates in...
- What Are Petechiae?
What Are Petechiae?Petechiae can be described as marks or blotches that normally appear on the skin and are tiny, round, and purplish or reddish in color. Petechiae are usually pinpoint-sized. Minor hemorrhage (bleeding that is localized below the skin) is the source of petechiae.Although they...
- Do Breast Cancer Patients Receive Too Much Radiation?
When people hear the word “cancer” they naturally become very fearful for their future. Cancer is a terrifying diagnosis to receive and can leave patients feeling uncertain, desperate, confused, yet also motivated to do whatever is in their power to get fight it. This fear can lead to situations...
- Dr. Paula Klein M.D.325 West 15th Street New York New York 10011
- Nagashree Seetharamu2 Avalon Road Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Min Janice Lu M.D.University Hospital, L5 Stony Brook NY 11794
- Dr. Theresa Hua Shao MD325 W 15th St New York NY 10011
- Dr. Pamela R Drullinsky MD1000 N Village Ave Rockville Centre NY 11570
- Dr. Kenneth K Ng MD1000 N Village Ave Rockville Centre NY 11570