Dr. Thomas Hopkins is an anesthesiologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Hopkins ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hopkins also might help manage pain after an operation.
Dr. Thomas J Hopkins M.D.'s Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27705Get Direction
Dr. Thomas J Hopkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- New Cancer Drug in the UK Has Begun Clinical Trials for Advanced Cancer Patients
People with advanced tumors are often at the very end of a line of treatment options. Despite the many advances we have today in technology and modern medicine, cancer’s puzzle has not yet been solved. Many of these patients’ last days are filled with pain as they spend their last moments...
- Can Aspirin Lower the Risk of Diabetes?
Diabetes alone already brings so many difficulties, not only to the person that has it but also to the family of the patient. The high blood sugar levels happening when a person has diabetes is because of insufficient insulin production or the cells that are not responding well to insulin. The most...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Keith P. Kittelberger MD3100 Spring Forest Road Raleigh North Carolina 27616
- Dr. Nancy C Wilkes MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Thomas Joseph Monaco MD4420 Lake Boone Trl Raleigh NC 27607
- Dr. Mercy Adaobi Udoji MDDuke University Department Of Anesthesiology Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Justin Lee Rountree MD101 Mannning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Brian P Barrick MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599