Dr. Katsufumi Nishida practices Pulmonology in Honolulu, HI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Nishida manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Shiga University of Medical Science MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Dr. Katsufumi Nishida M.D.'s Practice location
Honolulu, HI 96813Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477Get Direction
Dr. Katsufumi Nishida M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- Staying Healthy as an Adult Living with Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a lifelong condition that begins at birth and slowly progresses throughout a person’s life. It is among the most difficult chronic illnesses to treat, manage, and survive. Despite this, the field of cystic fibrosis has made leaps and strides in the last fifty years, more than...
- Pneumonia: Visiting a Lung Specialist
For a person suffering from pneumonia it is important to visit a lung specialist for guidance on how to treat and prevent pneumonia. Most people do not visit a specialist until the problem has become more serious, which can be dangerous. However, there are a number of things you should know before...
- Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia
Hospital-acquired pneumonia occurs in patients who have been hospitalized, usually after two to three days of hospital admission. Pneumonia contracted in such a setting is often more severe than a community-acquired pneumonia because the organisms causing it are more aggressive. This means that the...
- Former Pro Athlete Sells Medal to Give Teen Soccer Fan Lung Transplant
Mo Johnston, former star athlete as part of both the Rangers and the Celtics has decided he wants to give back. He has decided to sell his league medal in order to raise money so a teen with cystic fibrosis could receive a lung transplant that has become crucial to his health.Background on...
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- Dr. Donald Lee Helman M.D.1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. Pedro Lucero MD1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. Christine Fukui MD91-2139 Fort Weaver Road Ewa Beach HI 96706
- Dr. Stuart Sugihara M.D.321 N Kuakini St Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Roger E Yim M.D.1329 Lusitana Street Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Kevin Scott Hara M.D.98-1079 Moanalua Rd Aiea HI 96701