Dr. Katsufumi Nishida practices Pulmonology in Honolulu, HI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Nishida manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Shiga University of Medical Science MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Dr. Katsufumi Nishida M.D.'s Practice location
Honolulu, HI 96813Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477Get Direction
Dr. Katsufumi Nishida M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Recent Study Evaluates Venous Blood Clot Risk in Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Children with cystic fibrosis may be at risk of developing what's called a venous thromboembolism. This is essentially a blood clot that forms in the deep veins of the body, most often in the lower legs. These clots can be extremely dangerous because they can dislodge and travel to vital organs,...
- What are the Treatment Options for COPD?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD refers to a group of respiratory diseases characterized by blockage of the airways and difficulty in breathing. The most common respiratory conditions that fall into the group are chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The damage caused by COPD to the...
- New Study: ADHD's Potential Impact on Cystic Fibrosis
Results from a recent study have shown that 15% of Adults with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) had definitive symptoms for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).While past research had shown a prevalence of anxiety and depression in adults with CF, the incidence of ADHD was described as...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- Cured Meat Can Result in COPD Flare-Ups
People who consume cured meat, like bacon and salami, possess a greater risk of having a flare-up of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), according to reports researchers. COPD entails several lung diseases that are chronic, including bronchitis and emphysema. These chronic lung conditions...
- The Link Between Childhood Asthma and COPD
It is clear that smoking is one of the greatest risks for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); however, there are other factors, such as second hand smoking (wherein you get the effects of smoking by getting exposed to it even if you do not smoke), contact with pollution, genetic...
- Dr. Warren I Tamamoto MD3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu HI 96819
- Dr. James M Kohan MD3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu HI 96819
- Dr. Julie Ann Chang MD2305 Round Top Dr Honolulu HI 96822
- Dr. Pedro Lucero MD1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. Stuart Sugihara M.D.321 N Kuakini St Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Roger E Yim M.D.1329 Lusitana Street Honolulu HI 96813