Dr. Nely Recano is an internist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Recano specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Recano provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of the East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center College of Medicine 1964
Dr. Nely S Recano MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10037Get Direction
Dr. Nely S Recano MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Do Vitamin Supplements Alleviate Pain?
Many people are now turning to nutritional supplements for pain management, as they become less tolerant towards the side effects of pain medications. Physicians also seem to be attracted by the idea of using supplements and recommend one or the other to their patients. Supplements may be vitamins,...
- Does a Healthy Diet Help Prevent Aging?
Experts are of the opinion that the type of food an individual eats may affect the looks of the person. Many of the components in the diet may aid in chronic inflammation, a condition that expedites aging. Thus, eating certain foods may make the person look much older than he or she actually is....
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Rafael Sezan M.D.135 Ocean Parkway Brooklyn NY 11218
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205