Dr. Kristy Matala is a psychologist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Matala specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Matala evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Matala because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Kristy Lynn Matala PH.D.'s Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27615Get Direction
Dr. Kristy Lynn Matala PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How an Autism Expert Failed to See His Own Son's Asperger's
Many children with Asperger’s syndrome are initially diagnosed with ADHD and then later diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome in adulthood when seeking help for directly related matters such as depression or persistent anxiety. This is how it took professor Tony Attwood, clinical psychologist, 35...
- Everything you Need to Know About Psychotherapy
What is psychotherapy?Sometimes simply known as therapy, psychotherapy is a form of treatment which involves two parties, that is, the therapist and you the patient. It can also be referred to as an interpersonal relation intervention by a highly trained individual (therapist) to assist in the...
- How Music Therapy Benefits Autism
At some point in their lives, most people feel distressed by the way others see them. It’s common for others to see people for surface level qualities rather than who they truly are. This can be amplified while living with a condition such as autism. One of the main challenges that people with...
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Socially Excel at School
Just because social challenges like communication impairment are one of the indications of autism, it does not imply that they are normal for children on the spectrum. Considering that, some parents experience challenges getting their kids to do such simple things as putting on winter clothes,...
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Dr. Vanessa Handsel Roddenberry PH.D.8303 Six Forks Rd Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Jason Edward Bonner PH.D.508 FULTON STREET DURHAM NC 27705
- Dr. James Byassee PH.D.18 W Colony Pl Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Anne Davison Baden PHD2001 S Main St Wake Forest NC 27587
- Dr. David G Kravetz PSY.D.5613 Duraleigh Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Patricia E Gammon PHDDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710