Dr. Kristy Matala is a psychologist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Matala specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Matala evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Matala because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Kristy Lynn Matala PH.D.'s Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27615Get Direction
Dr. Kristy Lynn Matala PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- How Google Glass Can Change How Kids with Autism Read and Speak
Typically, children with autism struggle communicating with others in back and forth conversations. For this reason, researchers at the University of Toronto have developed an app called Holli, which works with Google Glass and serves as an aid for children with ASD.The software has a program that...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Dr. Vanessa Handsel Roddenberry PH.D.8303 Six Forks Rd Raleigh NC 27615
- Dr. Jason Edward Bonner PH.D.3500 Bush Street Raleigh NC 27609
- Dr. James Byassee PH.D.18 W Colony Pl Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Anne Davison Baden PHD2001 S Main St Wake Forest NC 27587
- Dr. David G Kravetz PSY.D.5613 Duraleigh Rd Raleigh NC 27612
- Patricia E Gammon PHDDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710