Dr. Abinash Virk is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Virk specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Gauhati Med Coll, Gauhati Univ, Gauhati, Assam, India 1989
Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh University 1989
Gauhati University, Gauhati Medical College
Assam Medical College 1989
- Member Minnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Infectious Diseases; Prince George'S Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Prince George's Hospital Center
- Prince George's Hospital Center
- Prince George's Hospital Center 1990
- Prince George's Hospital Center 1993
- Prince George's Hospital Center Program
- Fellow - Infectious Diseases: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- (Infectious Disease (Internal Medicine)), MAYO GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, ROCHESTER, MN 1994
Dr. Abinash Virk M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Abinash Virk M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Chronic Lyme disease is also known as persistent Lyme disease. It occurs in a patient who has been treated with antibiotics but continues to show signs and symptoms of the disease. This disease is also known as post-treatment Lyme disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and...
- What Are the Treatments for Cold Sores?
Cold sores are inflamed fluid-filled blisters, which appear in clusters on and around the mouth or lips. They can be seen when a person has a weakened immune system during fever, cold, or any other disease. Usually, cold sores are not harmful and should heal on their own within two to four weeks...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- How is Lyme Disease Diagnosed?
Lyme disease is primarily diagnosed through an analysis of the symptoms, although blood tests are also sometimes used.What to keep in mind when diagnosing Lyme diseaseThe bull’s eye rash is usually the most prominent symptom of Lyme’s disease, and a visualization of this rash is usually...
- Dr. Mark P Wilhelm M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Ms. Gina Ann Suh M.D.200 1ST ST SW ROCHESTER MN 55905
- Dr. Zelalem Temesgen M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elie F Berbari M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Sohail MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Ala S Dababneh M.D200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905