Dr. Peta Lewis is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEWPORT, NC. Dr. Lewis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lewis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lewis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Peta Lewis MS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
NEWPORT, NC 28570Get Direction
Peta Lewis MS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Ms. Kristine Dawn Harvey CCC-SLP812 SHEPARD ST MOREHEAD CITY NC 28557
- Ronald J Webb CCC-SLP812 SHEPARD ST MOREHEAD CITY NC 28557
- Mrs. Laura Krouse Gould M.ED. CCC-SLP207 CEDAR KEY WAY NEWPORT NC 28570
- Joann Shen M.S., SLP100 BREWSTER BLVD CAMP LEJEUNE NC 28547
- Mrs. Pamela Michelle Crecca SLP271 STAR HILL DR CAPE CARTERET NC 28584
- Mrs. Lauren Honsinger Harrell M.S., CCC-SLP200 WEBB BLVD HAVELOCK NC 28532