Dr. Louis D. May M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology500 New Hempstead Rd New City NY, 10956
Dr. Louis May is a gastroenterologist practicing in New City, NY. Dr. May specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. May performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1978
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Utah Program
Dr. Louis D. May M.D.'s Practice location
New City, NY 10956Get Direction
Dr. Louis D. May M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. May
- For Children with Crohn's, New Approach Is Safer than Steroids, Study Finds
Steroids are the standard of therapy when treating Crohn’s flares. Unfortunately, steroids also come with many nasty side effects. For example, bone demineralization and slow growth are just some of the side effects of steroids that are especially concerning for a growing child. Corticosteroids...
- 230 Pill
IntroductionConstipation is a common concern in today’s changing lifestyle. It mainly occurs due to poor eating habits, not drinking enough of water, and not emptying your bowels whenever there is a need to do so. Lack of proper exercise or any kind of movement, pregnancy, and the use of certain...
- Anemia: Psychological Approach to Patients
The complete working of the human brain has been explained by numerous psychologists in the world. They have spent their lives trying to find the relation between different problems and how they affect the working of the human brain. The sanctioning of this relation is key to understanding why even...
- New Treatment for Celiac Disease Using Nanoparticles Is Underway
Recently, investigators have found a potential way to develop a treatment for celiac disease, which, according to Cour Pharmaceuticals focuses on the autoimmune disease, along with other inflammatory diseases. The treatment has been approved for clinical trials in August, 2017, and these trials have...
- How This Little Robot Could Help Crohn’s
The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems aims to understand perception, action, and learning in intelligent systems. It is continuously evolving in researching pioneer breakthroughs and finding much-needed answers to scientific questions. The Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems is...
- Chronic Constipation: The Rarer Side Effect of Crohn's Disease
When it comes to the most persistent symptoms of Crohn’s disease, diarrhea is at the top of the list. However, this is not always the case for individuals coping with this chronic condition. Constipation is also an issue.The large intestine is responsible for reabsorbing water from foods that are...
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ 07470
- Dr. Benjamin J Marano M.D.2 Gannett Drive West Harrison NY 10604
- Dr. Bharat Dasani MD44 Route 23 North Riverdale NJ 07457
- Dr. Maxwell Mani Chait M.D.180 E Hartsdale Ave Hartsdale NY 10530
- Gary I Gorodokin MD24-07 A Broadway Fair Lawn NJ 07410
- Dr. Hashem Joseph Hashem MD210 Westchester Ave West Harrison NY 10604