Dr. Kristian Schafernak is a pathologist practicing in Elmhurst, IL. Dr. Schafernak is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Schafernak can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Schafernak may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 2003
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Hematology Pathology
- Organ commerce revisited.
- Surgery by the lowest bidder?
- World Wide Web medical consultations a global problem.
- Fine-needle aspiration of superficial and deeply seated lymph nodes on patients with and without a history of malignancy: review of 439 cases.
- Evaluating lymphadenopathy using lymph node FNA.
- Co-existent crescentic glomerulonephritis and renal amyloidosis: a case report and literature review.
- A granulomatous reaction to Avitene mimicking recurrence of a medulloblastoma. Case report.
- Cytologic and histologic findings in multiple renal hybrid oncocytic tumors in a patient with Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome: a case report.
- West Nile virus encephalomyelitis with polio-like paralysis & nigral degeneration.
- Hereditary pyropoikilocytosis: a rare but potentially severe form of congenital hemolytic anemia.
- Over expression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 in clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
- Pediatric renal cell carcinoma as second malignancy: reports of two cases and a review of the literature.
- 2 Genetically distinct Burkitt lymphomas (2 primaries rather than recurrent disease): consider X-linked lymphoproliferative disorder.
- Rare Presentations of Epstein-Barr Virus--Associated Smooth Muscle Tumor in Children.
- Gelatinous transformation of the bone marrow from anorexia nervosa.
- McGaw Med Ctr Of Northwestern, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Kristian T Schafernak M.D.'s Practice location
Elmhurst, IL 60126Get Direction
PHOENIX, AZ 85016Get Direction
Dr. Kristian T Schafernak M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Dr. Rafael Z. Campanini M.D.1044 North Francisco Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Janis Atkinson M.D.355 Ridge Ave Evanston IL 60202
- Dr. Tiffany Yin wong Chang M.D.25 N Winfield Rd Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Louis B. Scannicchio DMD110 N Oak Park Ave Oak Park IL 60301
- Dr. Andrew R. Melnyk M.D.7435 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Jason Weiss DO800 W Central Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005