Dr. William Dixon is a cardiologist practicing in Tallahassee, FL. Dr. Dixon specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Dixon also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Medical College of Wisconsin 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Interventional Cardiology; San Antonio Unif Ser Hlth Edu, Cardiovascular Diseases; Brooke Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
William Crawford Dixon MD's Practice location
Tallahassee, FL 32308Get Direction
Tallahassee, FL 32308Get Direction
William Crawford Dixon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- How to Properly Recover from Heart Surgery
The first few weeks after a heart surgery are usually eventful and difficult. As time passes, life becomes easier with lesser discomfort, if postoperative precautions are followed stringently. The most important thing that a patient should realize is that he himself is responsible for quick healing....
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Frank Edward Gredler M.D.1300 Medical Drive Tallahassee Florida 32308
- Gian-carlo Giove MD619 19th Street S Birmingham AL 35249
- Carey A Dellock MD301 S 7th Ave Reading PA 19611
- John Nonda Katopodis M.D.1300 Medical Dr Tallahassee FL 32308
- J. Galt Allee MD1300 Medical Dr Tallahassee FL 32308
- Ajay Umesh Mhatre M.D.2631 Centennial Blvd Tallahassee FL 32308