Dr. Michael Hooker is an anesthesiologist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Hooker ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hooker also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch of Med, Portland Or 1980
Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine 1980
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Anesthesiology
Dr. Michael Phillip Hooker MD's Practice location
Asheville, NC 28803Get Direction
Dr. Michael Phillip Hooker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of the Measles?
Measles, or rubeola, is a viral infection that mostly affects children, but can be seen at any age. This contagious infection is characterized by rashes that spread all over the body. Measles are now able to be contained via vaccination. The disease can be fatal for small children under the age of...
- Parkinson’s: How Three Famous Individuals Fought the Disease
Parkinson's is a degenerative central nervous system disorder that affects an estimated 1 million people in the U. S. alone according to the National Parkinson Foundation. Despite recent efforts, the disease remains to be a mystery to the medical world with no known cure and no known accurate...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Tiffany Brooke Mueller M.D.1701 N George Mason Dr Arlington VA 22205
- Dr. Jacob J Hansen DO3400 Rawley E Chambers Ave San Antonio TX 78234
- Dr. Ross William Mcintyre M.D.1100 Tunnel Rd Asheville NC 28805
- Dr. Steven Leslie Kovach MD76 Peachtree Rd Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Roland Manfred Zahn MD800 N Justice St Hendersonville NC 28791
- Dr. Mark Francis Mueller M.D.1740 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612