Dr. Merchant is an Attending Physician in Neurology and Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College in the Division ...
Education and Training
D.Y. Patil Medical College MD
Dr. D Y Patil Educ Soc Med Coll, Shivaji Univ, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Brooklyn Hospital Center
- New York University; New York, Ny
Dr. Sabiha Merchant M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Sabiha Merchant M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Merchant
- What to Do If a Child Has a Febrile Seizure?
Febrile SeizureA febrile seizure usually occurs when your child has a fever or high body temperature. It can also happen without brain inflammation or certain metabolic disorders. Even though febrile seizures occur with fever, you may not notice an increase in your child’s body temperature until...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Breastfeeding Children Can Reduce Their Risk of Developing Infections
Babies who are exclusively breastfed have fewer and less severe infections, when compared to babies who are partially breastfed or not breastfed at all, according to a study published in, Archives of Disease in Childhood. This protection is regardless of the healthcare and vaccinations provided to...
- Dr. Muhammad Bhatti MD319 Hooper Street Brooklyn New York 11211
- Dr. Hariram Ganesh M.D.2 Sycamore Dr Roslyn NY 11576
- Dr. Patricia A. Rogers M.D.445 Lenox Road Brooklyn NY 11203
- Dr. Zahida Khan MD132 WILSON AVE BROOKLYN NY 11237
- Dr. Ramon E. Ferrand MD600 W 150th St New York New York 10034
- Judith Goldstein1559 York Avenue New York New York 10028