Dr. Ana Cg Xavier MD
Hematologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Hematology-Oncology171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC, 29425
Dr. Ana Xavier is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Xavier specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Xavier treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Xavier can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Elastosis and fragmentation of fibers of the elastic system in fatal asthma.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor abnormalities in the pathogenesis and progression of lung adenocarcinomas.
- Unique clinical and biological features of leukemia in Down syndrome children.
- Trends in survival of patients with Burkitt lymphoma/leukemia in the USA: an analysis of 3691 cases.
- Features and outcomes of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the thyroid in a large contemporary cohort.
- Targeted Therapies for the Treatment of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Present and Future.
- Blinatumomab activity in a patient with Down syndrome B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- CranFlow: An Application for Record-Taking and Management Through the Brazilian Database on Craniofacial Anomalies.
- [Use of a prostaglandin inhibitor in migraine crisis. Study of 40 cases].
- [Main variations of the extrahepatic biliary system and their application to the so-called "split-liver" transplantation technique].
Dr. Ana Cg Xavier MD's Practice location
Dr. Ana Cg Xavier MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Xavier
- Lymphoma GoFundMe Success Stories
When a community or group of friends bands together to help one another, miracles happen. There is nothing more humbling than seeing a community take time of their own to help a friend or community member in need. The more people there are, the bigger difference they can make. There are hundreds of...
- FDA Approves Orkambi to Treat Young Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Orkambi is an oral drug developed by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) in certain patient groups. It is the second drug to be approved for use in patients with CF, after Kalydeco. ...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Dr. Sherron Jackson MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Majd Ghanim M.D.3601 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Jason Norberto Payne M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Amy Lee Bredlau M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Heather Dawn Escoto MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Ramasubramanian V Kalpatthi MD171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425