Dr. Mark H Cohen MD
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology5400 Gibson SE Albuquerque NM, 87108
Dr. Mark Cohen is a rheumatologist practicing in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Cohen specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Cohen treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1971
Indiana University School of Medicine 1971
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- University Hosp, Rheumatology; University Hosp, Inc, Internal Medicine; University Hosp, Inc, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Mark H Cohen MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87108Get Direction
Dr. Mark H Cohen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cohen
- Lupus Fever Explained: Symptoms, Causes and Prevention
One of the most common symptoms of lupus, or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), is running a fever. According to Dr. Donald Thomas Jr., author of the Lupus Encyclopedia, approximately 50 to 60 percent of lupus patients develop a fever. In fact, fever is one of the earliest signs of the autoimmune...
- Antidepressants May Offer Relief for Fibromyalgia Patients
Today, nearly every condition that has been identified in the world of healthcare has a medication to treat it. From heart-related issues to joint pain, drug companies have found ways to to relieve or reduce severity of some of symptoms a patient must endure. In a study originally published in...
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- Foods to Eat if You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
What is rheumatoid arthritis? Rheumatoid arthritis is a progressive inflammatory disorder that can result in swollen and painful joints. There are no particular types of bacteria or types of viruses that cause this disease, because the culprit is the person's own immune system. The condition occurs...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis After Lyme Disease
It is not uncommon for those who have had Lyme disease to develop joint problems under the umbrella of refractory Lyme arthritis; however, researchers are urging to look further into the diagnosis, as it may be something else.Refractory Lyme vs. rheumatoid arthritisWhen you go to your doctor and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
Lupus is a chronic auto immune condition that affects many systems in one's body. Cutaneous lupus erythematosus is one type of lupus. Cutaneous lupus can be divided into three main categories:...
- Dr. Eddie G Benge MD4901 Lang Ave Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Suzanne L. Delea MD5050 Hoyt Street Portland OR 97213
- Dr. James B Steier MD4901 Lang Ave Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Luz W Kwan MDPmg At 8300 Constitution - Adult Healthcare Albuquerque NM 87110
- Dr. Frank X Osullivan MD5400 Gibson Blvd Se Albuquerque NM 87108
- Mr. Adrian A Michael M.D.Unm Hospital Internal Medicine Albuquerque NM 87131