Dr. Judson Smith is an ophthalmologist practicing in Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Smith specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Smith can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Smith can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1972
Texas A&M University, TX 1972
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Ophthalmology; Washington Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Scheie Eye Institute Hospital Penn 1973
- Washington Hospital Center Program
Judson P Smith MD PA's Practice location
Fort Worth, TX 76104Get Direction
Judson P Smith MD PA's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- Alternative Treatments For Cataracts
Approximately, a fifth of all people above the age of 60 have at least mild cataracts, and at the age of 75, that number increases significantly.A cataract presents itself as a reduction of clarity in the eye lens. A normal eye lens is comprised of clear water and variety of proteins. The lens...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Dr. Aaron G. Amacher M.D.3025 Matlock Rd Arlington TX 76015
- Dr. George Philip Matthews MD1325 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Wayne A. Solley M.D.801 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington TX 76012
- Dr. Alan Andrew Norman MD321 S Henderson St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Sandhya Iyer M.D.Dept Of Ophthalmology Ut Southwestern Ctr Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Martin Hellmuth Reinke M.D.1422 Main St Southlake TX 76092