Dr. Paula Harvan is an internist practicing in Evanston, IL. Dr. Harvan specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Harvan provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1987
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- Evanston Hosp, Internal Medicine
- EVANSTON HOSPITAL
Dr. Paula Anne Harvan MD's Practice location
Evanston, IL 60201Get Direction
Dr. Paula Anne Harvan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harvan
- What Does a High Red Blood Cell (RBC) Count Mean?
OverviewRed blood cells (RBCs), also called erythrocytes, are the cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. They are also one of the major components of blood. Having a high red blood cell (RBC) count means that the number of RBCs in the bloodstream is higher than normal. When you have signs and...
- Why Are Chia Seeds Beneficial to our Health?
These seeds were an integral part of Mayan and Aztec diets for years and were used as energy boosters in these early cultures. As many studies show, these seeds are good nutritional addition to foods. Chia seeds come in two colors: dark brown or black. The attractive quality of this food is that it...
- Is Hand Sanitizer Safe to Use?
Hand sanitizer has alcohol, like ethyl alcohol, as the active ingredient to provide the antiseptic effect. In addition, it may also contain a variety of fragrances, glycerine, and water. Sanitizers containing alcohol are ideal for preventing most of the bacterial and viral infections. But these may...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Mr. Demetrios John Giokaris MD4921 North Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60625
- Dr. Theodore Morrison Homa MD765 Ela Road Lake Zurich IL 60047
- Dr. Ignatius Tang M.D.400-E Randolph St. Chicago IL 60601
- Dr. Jaroslaw Leszczak MD1875 Dempster Street Park Ridge Illinois 60068
- Dr. Haresh Sawlani M.D.3445 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634
- Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901