Dr. Jay Michael is an anesthesiologist practicing in High Point, NC. Dr. Michael ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Michael also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1989
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1989
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Anesthesiology
- Med College Of Virginia
- Valley Health System/Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University Program
Dr. Jay Benjamin Michael MD's Practice location
High Point, NC 27262Get Direction
Dr. Jay Benjamin Michael MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Can I Eat if I Have Celiac Disease?
What is gluten?Gluten is the entire protein content found in wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten is found in flour as well. It is the gluten that helps to prevent the crumbling of bread and other baked products. This characteristic feature of gluten has made it very popular and is now used in almost all...
- Compound In Cocoa May Delay Onset of Type-II Diabetes
The Benefits of Compounds in ChocolateResearch Into Cocoa and Type-II DiabetesAccording to researchers by those at Brigham Young University, there could very well be a tie-in between certain compounds found in cocoa and producing more insulin. In addition to these studies suggesting the benefits of...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- David Russell Maynard23 Kelvington Court Greensboro North Carolina 27410
- Dr. Michael Allen Olympio MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Matthew John Belan MD600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Peggy Penny Mcnaull M.D.N2201 Unc Hospitals Cb Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Justin Ryan Traunero M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Craig Michael Combs MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143