Dr. Farrukh Hashmi is a psychiatrist practicing in Richland, WA. Dr. Hashmi is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Hashmi diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Hashmi may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Hashmi treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1984
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Geriatric Psychiatry; St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi MD's Practice location
Richland, WA 99354Get Direction
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Dr. Rowena Cabigon Mercado MD, MPH940 Belmont St Brockton MA 02301
- Dr. Rinah Gutierrez MD903 S Auburn St Kennewick WA 99336
- Dr. Benjamin David Pe M.D.1175 Carondelet Dr Richland WA 99354
- Dr. Benjamin Gonzalez MD1175 Carondelet Dr Richland WA 99354
- Dr. Daniel D. Varnell MD1111 S 2nd Ave Walla Walla WA 99362
- Mrs. Laurie Zimmerman MD720 W Court St Pasco WA 99301