Dr. Farrukh Hashmi is a psychiatrist practicing in Richland, WA. Dr. Hashmi is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Hashmi diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Hashmi may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Hashmi treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1984
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Geriatric Psychiatry; St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi MD's Practice location
Richland, WA 99354Get Direction
Dr. Farrukh H Hashmi MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Is Schizophrenia Fatal?
Schizophrenia by itself is not fatal like cancer or any other life-threatening diseases. However, many cases of death have been accounted for and the usual reason behind it is suicide. Moreover, people who have adopted habits such as smoking, taking prohibited drugs, or unhealthy eating, either due...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- Dr. Rowena Cabigon Mercado MD, MPH1175 CARONDELET DR RICHLAND WA 99354
- Dr. Rinah Gutierrez MD715 W COURT ST PASCO WA 99301
- Dr. Benjamin David Pe M.D.1175 Carondelet Dr Richland WA 99354
- Dr. Benjamin Gonzalez MD1175 Carondelet Dr Richland WA 99354
- Dr. Daniel D. Varnell MD829 Goethals Drive Richland WA 99352
- Mrs. Laurie Zimmerman MD720 W Court St Pasco WA 99301