Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon5445 Meridian Marks Rd Ne Suite 250 Atlanta GA, 30342
Dr. Raymond Morrissy is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Morrissy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Morrissy tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1967
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- School screening for scoliosis.
- Spina bifida.
- Spina bifida.
- Recurrence of a unicameral bone cyst in the proximal part of the fibula after en bloc resection. A case report.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: rationale for the technique of percutaneous in situ fixation.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis technique of percutaneous in situ fixation.
- Os odontoideum detected on a lateral cephalogram of a 9-year-old orthodontic patient.
- Bone and joint infection in the neonate.
- Scoliosis school screening: is it of value?
- Principles of in situ fixation in chronic slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
- Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis: a model with trauma as an etiology.
- A histological study of acute hematogenous osteomyelitis following physeal injuries in rabbits.
- School screening for scoliosis. A statement of the problem.
- Brace treatment in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. An update on concepts and technique.
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Mass Gen Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Children'S Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morrissy
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Dr. James L. Chappuis M.D.3161 Howell Mill Rd NW Atlanta GA 30327
- Dr. Gary A. Levengood M.D.1900 Riverside Parkway Lawrenceville Georgia 30043
- Dr. Douglas B. Kasow D.O.771 OLD NORCROSS RD LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046
- Dr. Saadiq El-Amin MD3855 Pleasant Hill Dr Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Erik Thor Bendiks MD5955 State Bridge Rd Duluth GA 30097
- William E. Frank261 Kirkland Drive Lawrenceville Georgia 30044