Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon5445 Meridian Marks Rd Ne Suite 250 Atlanta GA, 30342
Dr. Raymond Morrissy is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Morrissy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Morrissy tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1967
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- School screening for scoliosis.
- Spina bifida.
- Spina bifida.
- Recurrence of a unicameral bone cyst in the proximal part of the fibula after en bloc resection. A case report.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis: rationale for the technique of percutaneous in situ fixation.
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis technique of percutaneous in situ fixation.
- Os odontoideum detected on a lateral cephalogram of a 9-year-old orthodontic patient.
- Bone and joint infection in the neonate.
- Scoliosis school screening: is it of value?
- Principles of in situ fixation in chronic slipped capital femoral epiphysis.
- Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis: a model with trauma as an etiology.
- A histological study of acute hematogenous osteomyelitis following physeal injuries in rabbits.
- School screening for scoliosis. A statement of the problem.
- Brace treatment in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. An update on concepts and technique.
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Mass Gen Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Children'S Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. Raymond Thomas Morrissy MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Morrissy
- 10 Tips on Living with Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation and pain around the joints. This can happen in the tendons, muscles, or even bones. It is brought by inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion around your joints. Usually, when your joints are subjected to excess...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What are Leg Ulcers?
What are leg ulcers?Leg ulcers are unhealed wounds or open wounds that occur on the legs. They tend to recur if not treated properly. They can occur in everyone at any age, but are more common among females. What are the causes of leg ulcers?The most common reason for the occurrence of leg ulcers...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Research
There is vast research going into the effort to find new ways to combat Muscular Dystrophy. Before any new treatment can see the light of the day, it undergoes a series of testing called clinical trials.When a patient is part of a clinical trial, they benefit from cutting-edge treatment that...
- Dr. James L. Chappuis M.D.3161 Howell Mill Road Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Dr. Gary A. Levengood M.D.1900 Riverside Parkway Lawrenceville Georgia 30043
- Dr. Douglas B. Kasow D.O.3580 Castlegate Dr NW Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Dr. Saadiq El-Amin MD3855 Pleasant Hill Dr Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Erik Thor Bendiks MD1014 Sycamore Drive Decatur Georgia 30030
- William E. Frank261 Kirkland Drive Lawrenceville Georgia 30044