Dr. Charles Edward Laurito MD
Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine1740 W Taylor St Suite 3200, Mail Cod Chicago IL, 60612
Dr. Charles Laurito is an anesthesiologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Laurito ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Laurito also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1975
University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus 1975
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1975
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Purification of adrenal chromaffin cells increases antinociceptive efficacy of xenotransplants without immunosuppression.
- The combined effects of N-type calcium channel blockers and morphine on A delta versus C fiber mediated nociception.
- Lidocaine blood levels following aerosolization and intravenous administration.
- Reversal of ongoing thermal hyperalgesia in mice by a recombinant herpesvirus that encodes human preproenkephalin.
- Differential opioid inhibition of C- and A delta- fiber mediated thermonociception after stimulation of the nucleus raphe magnus.
- Grand mal seizure in a postpartum patient following intravenous infusion of caffeine sodium benzoate to treat persistent headache.
- Ultrasound guidance for epidural catheter placement: a coming of age?
- Postural headache in the presence of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
- Recombinant herpes vector-mediated analgesia in a primate model of hyperalgesia.
- Antihyperalgesic effect of a recombinant herpes virus encoding antisense for calcitonin gene-related peptide.
- Selective inflammatory pain insensitivity in the African naked mole-rat
- Atracurium use in a patient with familial periodic paralysis.
- Use of continuous-infusion alfentanil for analgesia during spark-gap lithotripsy.
- Effects of subcutaneous verapamil on the duration of local anesthetic blockade.
- Comparative pharmacokinetics of oral versus sublingual clonidine.
- Chicago Super Doctors 2012
- Pain Management
- Mass Gen Hosp, Anesthesiology; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Northwestern Mem Hosp, General Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Charles Edward Laurito MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Charles Edward Laurito MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Laurito
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Agnes M. Flaum M.D.2020 N. Academy Blvd Colorado Springs Co 80909
- Dr. Kiran K. Chekka M.D.1365 Wiley Road Schaumburg Illinois 60173
- Dr. Arpan J. Patel M.D.3800 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515
- Lesley M. Williams2005 W Washington Blvd Chicago Illinois 60612
- Abdel Raouf el-Ganzouri Other1653 West Congress Parkway Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Wendy B Binstock MD180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527