Dr. John R Vanin M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry930 Chestnut Ridge Rd Morgantown WV, 26505
Dr. John Vanin is a psychiatrist practicing in Morgantown, WV. Dr. Vanin is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Vanin diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Vanin may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Vanin treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Wv Univ Sch of Med, Morgantown Wv 1977
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Blocking the cycle of panic disorder. Ways to gain control of the fear of fear.
- Ipecac abuse--danger.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: suffering in silence.
- Laxative abuse: a hazardous habit for weight control.
- Panic disorder: diagnosis and treatment in primary care.
- Guidelines for treating depression using non-selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- West Virginia Univ Hosps, Psychiatry
Dr. John R Vanin M.D.'s Practice location
Morgantown, WV 26505Get Direction
MORGANTOWN, WV 26508Get Direction
Dr. John R Vanin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vanin
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- Dr. Tamer M Gaber M.D101 Stadium Dr Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. David M Morgan M.D.930 Chestnut Ridge Rd Morgantown WV 26505
- Dr. Ravi Shankar M.D.930 Chestnut Ridge Rd Morgantown WV 26505
- Dr. Shahnaz Younus MD28 Oakwood Rd Fairmont WV 26554
- Dr. Lisa Ann Rudolph-watson OtherWvu Student Health Service Morgantown WV 26506
- Dr. Edward Miltenberger M.D.613 Burroughs St Morgantown WV 26505