Dr. Paula J Lockhart MD
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1068 Union Street Bangor ME, 04401
Dr. Paula Lockhart practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Bangor, ME. Dr. Lockhart evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Lockhart seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1983
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Functional association of the parkin gene promoter with idiopathic Parkinson's disease.
- Correction of the copper transport defect of Menkes patient fibroblasts by expression of two forms of the sheep Wilson ATPase.
- Accurate determination of ataxin-2 polyglutamine expansion in patients with intermediate-range repeats.
- Parkin protects against the toxicity associated with mutant alpha-synuclein: proteasome dysfunction selectively affects catecholaminergic neurons.
- Identification of a novel gene linked to parkin via a bi-directional promoter.
- RING finger 1 mutations in Parkin produce altered localization of the protein.
- It's a double knock-out! The quaking mouse is a spontaneous deletion of parkin and parkin co-regulated gene (PACRG).
- Parkin genetics: one model for Parkinson's disease.
- Biochemical characterization of torsinB.
- Identification of the human ubiquitin specific protease 31 (USP31) gene: structure, sequence and expression analysis.
- Lack of mutations in DJ-1 in a cohort of Taiwanese ethnic Chinese with early-onset parkinsonism.
- Multiplication of the alpha-synuclein gene is not a common disease mechanism in Lewy body disease.
- Parkin Co-Regulated Gene (PACRG) is regulated by the ubiquitin-proteasomal system and is present in the pathological features of Parkinsonian diseases.
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Inova Fairfax Hosp, Psychiatry
Dr. Paula J Lockhart MD's Practice location
Bangor, ME 04401Get Direction
Baltimore, MD 21205Get Direction
LEWISTON, ID 83501Get Direction
Dr. Paula J Lockhart MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lockhart
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Dr. Julie Balaban M.D.15 Columbia St Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Mahdieh Bodaghi M.D.268 STILLWATER AVE BANGOR ME 04401
- Dr. Joshua P. Newman M.D.268 STILLWATER AVE BANGOR ME 04401
- Dr. Jessica Anne Manaker M.D.6 STATE ST BANGOR ME 04401
- Dr. Eric Kuntz MD268 Stillwater Avenue Bangor ME 04401
- Dr. Ana E Rojas MD1068 Union St Bangor ME 04401