Dr. Erin Kohman is a speech language pathologist practicing in ANCHORAGE, AK. Dr. Kohman specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Kohman evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Kohman helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Erin Shea Kohman MS, CCC-SLP's Practice location
ANCHORAGE, AK 99516Get Direction
Erin Shea Kohman MS, CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Mrs. Jennifer Faggert8200 HOMER DR ANCHORAGE AK 99518
- Mrs. Patricia J. Olmstead MCSD16441 CHASEWOOD LN ANCHORAGE AK 99516
- Beth A Coomey CCC SLP4201 TUDOR CENTRE DR ANCHORAGE AK 99508
- Mrs. Cierra Nicole Love holt M.S., CCC-SLP6810 GOLD KINGS CIR UNIT C ANCHORAGE AK 99504
- Ms. Margaret M. Spencer MS-CCCSLP3323 SEAWIND CIR ANCHORAGE AK 99516
- Lesley Chase M.A., CCC-SLP4315 DIPLOMACY DR ANCHORAGE AK 99508